• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When saving a MBL Look, its saving as ".rgx". How to save it as ".mblook"?

Explorer ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Me again, I downloaded a MBL look file and its ".rgx" and the only apps I know that support the importing of ".rgx" is Premiere Pro and After Effects. I am working on a project in Sony Vegas Pro 18 and SVP 18 can only import ".mblook" so I want to convert it, I've seen a lot of videos where people export Looks as ".mblook" automatically so I imported the ".rgx" and exported it, but its exporting as ".rgx". I tried importing and exporting using Premiere Pro and After Effects, but still its importing as ".rgx". I want to export it as ".mblook". What do I do? I want it converted soon, though. Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

If you face this issue, it is not an issue. It is just a misunderstanding. The MBL plug-in installs into plug-ins. One "Magic Bullet Looks" which is the old looking one which can't import looks and the other, "Looks" this is the new looking one with an import button. "Looks" is what you have to use. If you use the "Looks" plug-in, you can import and export. Anyways, thanks for the support! Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the whole adobe staff not replying to any thread????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the whole adobe staff not replying to any thread????

By @afk.anxrchy

...Because this is a user to user forum with only occasional appearances by Adobe staff.  We are mostly volunteers that are Adobe software users like you, not Adobe employees.

@mgrenadier is not an Adobe employee and as such can only be on the forums when not at his "real world" job.
I'm sure he will respond if he is able to help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I didn't know, I thought they were all staffs, thank you for letting me know. Can you help me though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you face this issue, it is not an issue. It is just a misunderstanding. The MBL plug-in installs into plug-ins. One "Magic Bullet Looks" which is the old looking one which can't import looks and the other, "Looks" this is the new looking one with an import button. "Looks" is what you have to use. If you use the "Looks" plug-in, you can import and export. Anyways, thanks for the support! Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 
There is a change in the new version of Magic Bullet Looks 5.  It is now using the new format of .rgx instead of .mblook. The new .rgx format has more advantage such as adding metadata for searching. There is now a search function that allows you to search presets using keywords for example.

However, if you would like to use the old presets that were saved as .mblook, simply import it using the import button in MB Looks 5 and the old presets will be converted into .rgx automatically.

In case you still want to export .mblook files you will need to use the older version of Looks, Looks 4 for example. You can find the older version here: https://support.maxon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115002864447-Where-are-older-versions-of-Looks-  or simply contact Maxon customer support.
Hope this info helps. 

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not generate mblook's.

Guessing you need MBL installed with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? What do you mean installed "with" Premiere? MBL is a Red Giant Plug-In which I installed....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to ask Red Giant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did ask, still didn't get a reply, what did you mean when  you told Premire with MBL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about After Effects? I tried both. In some YouTube videos when they export MBL looks it exports as ".mblook" instead of ".rgx"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my PC, the .rgx files are what the Magic Bullet Looks panel exports. The only place I know that can use them is the MB Looks panel itself. You can't even use them in the input LUT slot in Colorista IV, which only accepts .cube LUT files.

From what I've read online, the Mblooks files are more of a "preset" than a LUT file, and my guess is they'd only work within the RedGiant panels that create/use them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well how do I export MB Looks as a ".mblook" preset instead of ".rgx"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea. As noted, the MB Looks panel only makes rgx files on my PC. Which on opening in Notepad, look more like a preset type file than a LUT anyway.

I think you'd need to ask the Maxon/RedGiant support about that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i used looks toooooo idk why its not working help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me toooooooooo bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only import those into Magic Bullet Looks itself, as far as I know. So that's a thing to work within Red Giant's support.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to help me? I am using after effects and the old colorings I downloaded now say .rgx (those ones work and I can use them) but the new ones I've just downloaded say .MBlooks and won't show up in app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I use after effects 2020 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to use those in the Magic Bullet Looks plugin ... as far as I know.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, R Neil Haugen was right.
Both .rgx and .MBLooks are preset file format for Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks, those files can only be opened using Magic Bullet Looks preset.

You can import the .rgx files with the current version of Magic Bullet Looks (Version 5 and up). Meanwhile the .MBLooks file format can only be used with the. older version of Magic Bullet Looks (Version 4 and below). Hope that helps. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines