• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

When will The Adobe modify its color grading procedure for Pro?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe modify its color grading procedure for Pro? In comparison to the rest of the market, the current state of things is incredibly inefficient and out of date. Now that I have used worst software than others and paid, even more, I genuinely question why.

Mod note: Changed the title to reflect your issue and for search purposes.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, they never tell things in advance ... corporate policy strictly monitored by their legal department. So the most we can see 'ahead' is what's in the Public Beta, and you can download/install the beta apps from the CC Desktop app like any 'shipping' version.

Next ... while the Lumetri panel is a rather different color correction interface ... it can be made to work faily efficiently for general corrections. And although it doesn't have the full capabilities of say Resolve, which was built as a $200,000 per license grading app originally ... it can still do quite a bit, and fairly quickly.

I teach pro colorists how to work in Premiere when they have to ... so tell me what you need to do to what media, and I can probably get you going a lot faster and deeper than you currently are working.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which "rest of the market" are you comparing with?

Apart from Resolve, which is a grafing app in the first place, nothing I have used had superior grading tools, in the same price range.

There's a lot that I dislike about PPro (especially core editing stuff which is hopelessly badly designed), but the grading tools are quite advanced for a piece of software that's not made for grading in the first place.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines