• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did ExtendScript go? How do we develop now?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to write scripts for Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.  I've written these before but it's been about a year since I last did any coding for CC products.  I've noticed that there is no longer an extend script toolkit included with Created Cloud. And the download button for Adobes ExtendScript webpage does not work.  The only place I was able to get a copy of ExtendScript was from the Adobe Archives.

I haven't tested it out yet, but I assume the archived software will get the job done for now.  Moving forward how are we supposed to create scripts for Adobe Applications?

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

You can use VSCode and the Extendscript Debugger plugin for this now. Takes a little learning to get it goin, but VSCode is a great environment. 

I made a video about this a while back if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qanB0Aq6Yuc&t=

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use VSCode and the Extendscript Debugger plugin for this now. Takes a little learning to get it goin, but VSCode is a great environment. 

I made a video about this a while back if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qanB0Aq6Yuc&t=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not like it at all. Adobe must be crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, Adobe must be crazy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines