• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where has custom LUT folders ("Technical"/"Creative") gone ?

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install custom LUTs. 

The way this was done, and is still listed in the manual, is by adding luts to the folder System>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Common>LUTS> "Technical" folder or "Creative" folder.

on my system those folders no longer exist. I recenty upgraded to Premiere 2022. Instead there are "Input" and "Output" Luts folders. I tried putting my luts in here, but alas, they do not appear in the Lumetri dropdowns.

Where the heck are we supposed to put our LUTS? Even the Adobe documentation seems to have it wrong.... but i'm hoping it's me! 

Thanks for yoru help. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip! 

Totally understand that Adobe, as a mom and pop company with only a handful of clients, looks past such details in their official documentation.  Makes it really fun for people who rely on their software for their livelihood. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On most system, as Ann notes, you have to add those two 'last' folders yourself.

On some installs, the folders are created on installation.

Why the difference? No freaking clue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created those folders but my lut is not showing in the drop downs. I know the LUT is good because I can import it and it works fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy/paste that location so we can nake sure no extra characters got in.

Which tab of Lumetri are you trying to use?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

%screen capture%-13.png

C:\Users\jbellomo\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Creative

C:\Users\jbellomo\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical

I tried both folders , tried different LUTs , I also coped and pasted from adobe's webpage the names of the folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you're attempting to 'see' the one in the Technical folder in the Basic tab, and Creative folder in the Creative tab, right?

Which should all work.

Now the one caveat that trips people up is Premiere will NOT see those if you add them when open. It scans such places at launch and only shows what was there when you started Pr.

So after adding them, or presets in some cases, you need to close/reopen Premiere. Don't know if that's in play here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked in both drop downs and they showed in neither. I also rebooted my computer and nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... that's just wrong.

The chart they give in their Help files has another location, have you tried that one?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the only instrutions I found. can you point me where the correct path is, because this was also the path I found in the help files

%screen capture%-15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let everyone know, this still does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the C/Program Files/Adobe/Common folder tree and have for years without any trouble. If you haven't, try that route.

Then do something odd and obvious to the image in Lumetri, save as a Cube, and to the Technical and Creative folders of that tree.

Close and relaunch Pr, see if they appear.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have , I put them in the folders and they do not work. This used to work when I was on a MAC , but when we switched to a windows platform premiere does not see files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is just totally bizarre! I've known of users that struggled to get the full file-tree correct, but once they got that to the perfect nth degree, it all worked.

Huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from my previous post I sent , I have the right tree setup. I'm stumped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is April now so maybe this has been solved but this is what I found. On a Mac go to Applications > Adobe Premiere > Right Click to Show Package Contents > Contents > Lumetri > Luts > and you will the Creative & Technical folders with the LUTs that are already installed in there. Then just drag and drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had a problem on the MAC , it when I moved to windows that I had this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fergus Hammond do you have an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No , I followed adobe file structure and they never appeared in the list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they're in Program Files/Adobe/Common/LUTs, and the subfolders therein, but do not show after restart of Premiere, that's not good.

Which is why I pinged Fergus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Princem45075079 is right on this.. this workded for me...  see his post above...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.. this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately putting your LUTs there may have ... issues ... down the road.

Those LUTs are selected for use, not by LUT name, but by relative position in the alphanumeric computer sorting. As in "8th LUT down", not by "AlphaBlue_R709" ... so add more LUTs, you'll get different ones used on a clip next time you go to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines