• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the effects control panel?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find the effects control panel. In all tutorial videos I have watched, it pops up automatically when an effect is dragged and dropped onto the video clip - but this does not happen when I do it. The picture/attachment shows the view I have when I drag and drop. Can you help me?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

When opening Premiere hit the LEARN tab : Explore Premiere Pro panels

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening Premiere hit the LEARN tab : Explore Premiere Pro panels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 🙂 I realised I had to highlight the film section before the control panel would show up - definitely an embarrassing beginner's mistake... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all have to start somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, indeed! Thank you again! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can have intelligent designers design your working environment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All NLEs are complex and complicated apps. They all have a TON of learning to be able to operate. As someone who works in both Resolve and Premiere, I'll take Premiere's UI any day.

You simply cannot fit all the potential control/checking/storage/playback & etc controls in an "intuitive" way. There's simply too much there. You have to set up an organizational model and fill it out.

Which by nature means it will be more or less "intuitive" based on the individual. Cost of doing business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similira issue on PP 2023! Lets click on menubar and select "Window" â–¶ "Effect Controls" !Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the keyboard shortcut shift + 5 in any workspace  Effect control panel comes front and highlight  and Use Shift + 7 to hightlight Effect panel.

thanks,

Suraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't help that Adobe refers to it as the Effect Controls 'Panel' in all documentation, and yet it files this Panel under the "Windows" menu.

A simple, consistent lexicon helps both new and experienced users.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. But all the panels are in the Windows menu, so it's consistent. And you can figure this out the first time you open the app simply by seeing what's in the main dropdown menus. Pretty simple.

And at least, they don't come up with the totally "unique" cutesy Resolve-only jargon that BM does. As ... in that massive 4,000 plus page manual, if you don't know exactly what they call something, you ain't gonna find it ... period.

Such as masks? Nope, can't use that. They're "power windows". 

Bm has a ton of those things. Much harder to sort than looking at the main dropdown menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well ... as the post seems to be answered, I'll indulge further in the derail.

The lexicon is an interesting (and dirty) window into post production history.

I'm not sure "masks" wins as the most intuitive name of the function. I'd be interested to know the earliest use of this word, but personally I associate with software based (ie. recent) usage.

"Power windows" were introduced by da vinci in 1991 - so there's more than 3 decades of history there, starting with hardware based effects.

(wikipedia)

"Matte" seems to me the best name, though I do tend to prefer such things to have a longer historical basis (so that's personal preference). Earliest matte shots were I think 1900, though I am not sure they were called that at the time. The earliest sources using the word that I've seen date from the 60s I think.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines