• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where should I put the video clips on my conmpute so thqt premiere pro can retrieve them?

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where should I put the video clips on my conmpute so thqt premiere pro can retrieve them?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put them anywhere you like but ensure it's a fast drive. Most people will use a fairly fast external drive (SSDs or RAID Arrays are best) to keep their project assets on. You can use the internal drive (on your computer) if it's fast enough (often they are not) but depending on how much footage you have you also need to ensure you have the space on the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got 8 fast large internal SSDs on my computer that I use for various parts of the process. Some people use RAIDs, typically 0 or 5, for speed. Not normally necessary with fast internal SSDs.

Externals need to have at least a USB-C/Lightning connection to be useful. External RAIDs can be very sweet with larger projects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love portability. Can't wait until 8TB M.2 self powered drives get to a 'reasonable' price:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines