• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which genius decided to remove the ability to see other files in the folder you're exporting to??

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly sometimes Adobe's decisions to change features is mind boggling. It's almost like they've never used a computer before. In the past, when clicking on the file name option you would get sent to the folder you're exporting to so that you could see all the existing files already in that folder. This was critical for situations where you were using some kind of naming iteration. Now, that option is gone. You can even see files when you're selecting a desination. I would LOVE to know the logic behind this decision. It's ridiculous. You've actually broken an important aspcet of most people's workflow.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Known issue but fixed in 2022.4/5

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue but fixed in 2022.4/5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply about the update. I just updated to the most recent build and it's fixed. For the record it was still broken for me in 2022.4. I would delete this post but I have no idea how to edit or delete a post once it's up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other users might benefit from this post.

Posts do not get deleted only for a very good reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. I guess it would be nice if I could at least edit the post. I was a bit heated when I wrote it 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be a frequent poster before you can edit your post due to spammers, but you will still not be able to delete the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet mother... Thank you for fixing that. This was giving me serious anxiety whenever i had to save a file!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines