• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

While working on mac, footage disappears from external disc

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! I'm using MacBook Pro (OS Catalina) and iMac (OS Monterey) and all my footage is located in HDD discs that I format as Windows Tuxera NTFS. I never had an issue before but sometimes lately, while working on Premiere Pro (2021 & 2022) some footage go missing giving me the Offline Media error. When I try to link the footage, even though it recognises the previous file path, the file is not there. It's like it gets deleted from the disc. And then if I try to copy-paste the footage from the back-up disc it won't let me saying "The operation can't be completed, Error code ~36". It's randomly happening to different laptops, with different versions of premiere and different discs and projects.

Could somebody explain to me why this is happening so that I know how to prevent it from happening in the future. And also if there is a proper way of fixing this? 

Thank you in advance! 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Error 36 seems to be a mac issue.

Google for fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines