• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Balance on an adjustment layer???

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Im trying to sort out an interesting problem. If i use my white balnce picker tool on a color checker card on the video clip directly i get a different result than if i use an adjustment layer to change white balance.

Same clip no other adjustments made. Basically i have several clips all filmed in the same location so my white balnce will be the same for all clips... So i figured i could use an adjust,ent layer spanning all the clips to correct white balance. No!! If i load my clip and put an adjustment layer over it and select the adjustment layer then use the picker tool on a color checker card which is in the scene, i will get a specific shift, but if i undo that white balance coorection and select the actual clip then use the white balance picker tool i will get a significantly different result, Why?? how does the use of an adjustment layer affec the white balance? help because i dont have the color checker card in evry scene so im trying to avoid white balancing for evry clip individually. thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi nickn47733877,

We're sorry about the poor experience. At our end, White Balance seems to be working the same way for both the Adjustment layer & the clip. Would you mind sharing a screenshot showing the difference in the preview you are experiencing? Also, let us know the system specs & the exact version of Premiere Pro that you are using.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines