Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White/gray screen in the video playback box

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a problem with Premiere Pro - the playback box doesn't play the video on the timeline. I can only hear sound. Since I'm dealing with it for a while, I heard that resetting preferences or switching to Composite Video helps, but none of that worked for me. I also tried switching to MME... any suggestions?

Memory: 16GB RAM
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB
Windows 10

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post drive setup. Where are your clips stored.

Is this regular footage from regular camera or phone or.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is footage from Panasonic Lumix GH5 (regular camera). I don't think the problem causes where the clips are stored, because I also tried to load another footage and nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing strait from the camera?

Unplug the camera if plugged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not. The footage is imported in a folder on D drive, where I have always been importing it. I really don't think that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...!!!!! 

I have tried various things like changing the Audio Output, deleting the cache and I have deleted many videos and files that were big and took a lot af space.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...!!!!! 

I have tried various things like changing the Audio Output, deleting the cache and I have deleted many videos and files that were big and took a lot af space.....

By @Tanja Gehlert5E08

Please do not high jack a thread: start your own with your specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lilhappydonut,

Sorry. What happened when this stopped working for you? Have you deleted media cache and preferences? Have you updated GPU drivers? If so, try uninstalling and reinstalling the previous drivers.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines