• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are AMD GPUs unsupported in Premiere Pro 23.1?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it's 2022 and I have a RX 6900 Xt aswell and while rendering the CPU is still with 100% and my GPU laughts about it, because it's by 10%. I set all the settings for GPU supported rendering everywehre I have to, but nothing changed. 

so do you have new informations? 

Mod note: Branched and moved. Title changed to reflect current isue.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First let's deal perhaps with a mis-expectation. The GPU is not simply an addendum in processing to the CPU. It's a totally different item, and used when and only when the app is coded to use the GPU. All these video post apps do it a bit differently, so it will vary by app somewhat.

But GPU use in Premiere Pro is done for image resizing, whether due to scaling or Warp, or recreating frames due to blending modes, and for certain types of specific effects. Such as color, and particularly the Lumetri panel. The whole list is called the GPU Accelerated Effects ...

If you have a clip with any of those effects, while that clip is being processed, and as the CPU gets to something coded for the GPU, it will send the process to that GPU.

Any clip without those things will tend to have very low GPU involvement.

So ... those places you don't have heavy GPU use, are you using any effects that Premiere will use the GPU for?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines