• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are audio clips softer at the start?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I trim an audio clip into shorter clips, for some reason, each clip starts with a fade in effect (gradual increase in volume) although I did not apply any audio transitions to them. I checked to make sure that the volume level, audio gain, etc. were not tweaked so I'm sure it was not my doing. The gradual increase in volume seems to be applied automatically to each clip that is trimmed. How can I prevent that from happening? Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Premiere often has issues with noise reduction, try removing it to see if that fixes your fade problem. Audition works a lot better for noise reduction but if you want to stick with Premiere try adding the NR to the whole track using the track mixer, it may work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied any Audio noise reduction either to the clips or the track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I applied a DeNoise to each clip. The resulting clips become softer in general but there is also a fade in effect at the beginning of each one. Is that normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere often has issues with noise reduction, try removing it to see if that fixes your fade problem. Audition works a lot better for noise reduction but if you want to stick with Premiere try adding the NR to the whole track using the track mixer, it may work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. Guess I'll try those out. Thanks a lot for your answer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I apply the noise reduction to the track and still have the problem. Did you come up with another solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. I still have the issue with softer audio at the start of certain clips. Here is another solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines