• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my folders showing empty when I try to relink media

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to relink media to my project but when I navigate to the correct folder, no video files are showing. I have even unchecked "only display exact matches" I running a PC on Windows 10. In the screenshoot my mouse is hoover over the file I want to relink. In the file locate box you can see I've navigated to that exact folder which is showing zero filesScreenshot (92).png

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the trailing space after 'Hit the Bucket ' in your directory path. That's probably the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to relink media to my project but when I navigate to the correct folder, no video files are showing.

By @Aj5E99

Probably because the files in the folder starts with a period . and that do probably throw the Link Media dialog off.

According to the screen shot one of the files were originally named A068_11130802_C003.braw while the files in the folder is named ._A068_11130802_C003.braw  Note the ._ in the start of the filename. File names that starts with a period do often cause problems.

So, what happens if you rename the file ._A068_11130802_C003.braw to A068_11130802_C003.braw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ._ files are not the BRAW media files - they are hidden extended attributes files created because this project and drive is being transferred from a Mac system to a PC. Hence only being 4KB in size. Hopefully the actual BRAW files are in the same directory, otherwise you don't have them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ._ files are not the BRAW media files - they are hidden extended attributes files created because this project and drive is being transferred from a Mac system to a PC. Hence only being 4KB in size. Hopefully the actual BRAW files are in the same directory, otherwise you don't have them.

By @Mike Dziennik

Oops, i never even noticed the file size. Thanks for the info! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Mike, thanks for your answer on this - could you tell me if these hidden extended attributes files are ok to delete? Will it effect the project? They are really cluttering up our file system. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines