• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I mark in and out points in the source panel?

Advisor ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing my audio track with no issues by hitting "i" and "o" in my source panel and doing insert edits into my timeline, and must have selected some option by mistake that is now preventing me from marking "i" and "o" in the source panel.  Nothing happens when I hit these keyboard shortcuts now.  What would prevent my doing this?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Thank you, but I had made the Source Monitor the active panel when trying to do the insert edit.  I saved the project, exited Premiere, reopened, and am able to continue editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of which would explain this behavior is that the Source Monitor is no longer the active panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay what about me? It's the active panel, i and o only work on the sequence, even though it's not selected. This isn't just a one off glitch for one person. Adobe should be embarrassed they're making people pay for this type of glitchy behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I had made the Source Monitor the active panel when trying to do the insert edit.  I saved the project, exited Premiere, reopened, and am able to continue editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that will fix a lot of weirdness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, why is it, we have to exit Premiere multiple times during a work-day? This is unbelievable. It's a f**ing in-point. Every day struggling with this software, I'm spending 600,-€/year for.

And also, repair CUDA. Unbelievable!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am absolutely sick of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved and exited Premiere like you, but the problem happened again. I repeated the previous solution, but it happened again and much sooner. I can't keep saving and exiting Premiere every five seconds. Has anyone found an actual solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me.  I can set an out point but not an in. If I close and reopen sometimes I am able to. Still this is a terrible problem to be having. Please someone help! 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have grouped your source monitor, try undocking it.  After I undocked my source monitor I was able to use my keyboard shortcuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! This is the ONLY solution that has worked. Really Appreciate it man. Thank you for taking the time to post here ❤️ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have a solution either, but this is the exact same thing happening to me. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem.  Working in a Team Project, in the Source Panel and can set Out, but not In.  Very weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I too just came across this issue and I undocked my source monitor and I now can use my keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure the clip in the source moniter is the actualy clip and not your sequence from your timeline. It just happened to me and I was so confused but then realised that I had put my sequence into the source moniter instead of the clip of what I wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening because the file you are referencing from your timeline inside your source media browser is actually edited in the root or at the media bin level. When editing multiple instances of a clip double click the file from the media bin and make sure there are NO in and out points if you will be referencing multiple times. Then drag it to the timeline and double click on it and add in and out points there.

The only reason it happnes is because you are editing your root file directly from your bin and not placed in the timeline and opened from there in your source monitor. It's not an issue or a problem just an inproper workflow. Thanks and hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good explanation. This explanation was helpful to me and solved the issue I was experiencing of not being able to see the In and Out markers on my Source Monitor panel. After importing the entire media source I was getting clips from into my Project panel and choosing that imported media source as the media that I would choose to display within my Source panel, I was able to see the In and Out markers within my Source panel and set my In and Out points within my Source panel. Thanks again for this response, it allowed me to look more into proper workflows in order to use Premerie Pro to its optimal capacity. Much Appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idk who needs to hear this but, go in your bin , right click on the template/video/audio you want to mark in - out in your source monitor and click CLEAR IN & OUT> CUE CAPTAIN PRICE MONTAGE. king bleach to the rescue. drag and drop the vid/audio/template in your SM and everything will work. I guess because it already has a MARK IN - OUT link tied to it in the sequencer, it makes sure you can edit the mar points again, weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

☝️ ☝️ This. This is the only thing that worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are 2021 and this is still happening. Does anyone have an actual fix. The fix should not be to close out and re-open premiere multiple times during a project.

Adobe Premiere Pro v22  (build 169)

Intel Core i7-9700K

32GB RAM

MSI Motherboard

Windows 10 Pro - all updates installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem today (April 2023) and copy pasted the clips into a new sequence to get around it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why I hate Adobe at times. This has been an issue for years. Outpoints are fine, in points rarely work unless you restart Premier. I'm certain this isn't user error, but if it is then it's a lot of people making the same mistake and it would still be down to Adobe to fix the UX and UI. 

Please get this piece of crap fixed Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't work for me either. I have the PANEL highlighted and in and out won't work. This will be the last year I pay for adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines