• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't Premiere go back to the last folder you where in when importing?

Participant ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started to realize that I waste so much time re-finding the folder I was in... why can't Premiere, After Effects, and any other Adobe program remember what folder I was in last time and reopen that folder when I go to open or import something the next time?

I know I've seen something Adobe makes do that, but Premiere doesn't, I know from having to spend half my work day re-finding the same folders over and over...

is there a way to change this, is the default meant to torture you until you find the Easter egg that makes the program not suck just that much less?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. Please fill in a feature request:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's strange that happens, I do not have that problem, it always opens the last folder of import and export that I use.

Maybe it has some block with the preferences of the program, where its use is registered, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere remembers my last folder on import.

Always has.

Might want to reset preferences and delete plugin cache by holding down shift+alt while opening premiere.

BTW Premiere does have an Easter egg.....

Or are you revering to the Media Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens in the Media Browser. I can confirm that, as of June 2021 this is still not fixed. It returns you to your home directory each time you open Media Browser and you have to manually navigate to your destination folder each time. Also, keyboard navigation is broken so you can't just type the first letter of the folder you want and jump to it they way you can in all standard file selection dialogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using the Media Browser, users want to add folders that will be frequently returned to at a later time to the Favorites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good idea, but I usually don't need to come back to the same place long term. It's usually just for a day or two while I'm working on a particular project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I started work with items in a Onedrive folder Premiere as started to do this error again it keeps defaulting export to a folder last used 6 months ago! So I have to manually set the export folder every time even when it is top of the recent folder list...

same problem in Media Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually drop my files into the project from the OS (file explorer). But using the import command (double click the project window) PP remembers the last folder I imported from, either that day or if I close and open the project again.

Around here people seem to recommend the Media Browser, (ugh) I never use it, but as long as I leave it open (ie: perhaps share a window with the Project panel, then it just stays on the last file opened and I can close PP and click on the Media Browser panel and it is right where I left it. If I close the MedBr when I open it, it does starts from scratch even during the same session.

PP 15.2

Win 20H2

@ChaosFreak9 , just the date of test does not help, maybe you're still on PP 14, or 13, we need to know which version of PP you are using, and at least your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In MediaBrowser, you can also set "favorites" which will be listed at the top of that panel.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines