• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did the premiere 2021 update delete my presets in my essential graphics folder?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently lost all of my graphics presets because of the recent update, is there anyway to reinstall the older version that is automatically deleted? I have spent good money on these presets but now I do not have any way to access them again.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific about which presets have been lost (i.e. a screenshot of where you were expecting to see them would be a great help).  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to speak for the OP, but I'm having a similar issue. Except I lost my effects presets. See attached image of where they used to be. My custom bins full of my frequenty used effects vanished as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even aprove for the update, my previous version was deleted without my consent and my export presets were deleted with previous version. Fixes more than updates please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even aprove for the update, my previous version was deleted without my consent and my export presets were deleted with previous version. Fixes more than updates please.

By @Barefeet Videography

Unfortunately, you did approve:

auto update.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, when you installed the Creative Cloud desktop app you did approve the auto-update by default. You must change this setting manually after you install the Creative Cloud frontend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So How do I reinstall Premiere pro 2021?  I have multiple computers and we need to use version 2021 to maintain the ability to use the various plug ins and RAID storage access accross all platforms.  I do not see it availible to download on teh website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot install 2021 its not available anymore. You will have to contact support and explain why you need 2021 and maybe they will give you a download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let others know I reached out via the live chat line and Adobe offered a link to download and install the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WILL INSTALLING THE OLDER VERSION GIVE YOUR PRESETS BACK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if they are presets you saved, only the included presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WILL INSTALLING THE OLDER VERSION GIVE YOUR PRESETS BACK?

By @twatts09

Assuming you mean effect presets.

No, but before updating you should make a copy of these presets.

It does have an export function to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So How do I reinstall Premiere pro 2021?  I have multiple computers and we need to use version 2021 to maintain the ability to use the various plug ins and RAID storage access accross all platforms.  I do not see it availible to download on teh website?

By @valeriav80637310

You can contact support and explain why you need 2021 and perhaps give you a download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines