• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did you screw this up?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This idiotic update is horrible! Why so badly? I've spent 15 mintues trying to create a new project....it doesn't look at all like what I'm familair with. You know, it's difficult enough for intermediate creators to learn your products. So to make a radical change like this is beyond disappointing. It's not intuitive; it's downright aggrivating.

[Profanity removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aggravating is spelt with an a not an i

If you want help, ask for how to do something and people here will donate their time for 100% free just for you. Whine like this about it and nobody will care. You can only help yourself by helping us to help you. Help us help you and the world will be a better place 🙂

While this version has a few changes, for the most part it's the same. Once you click around a bit and get the changed flow it'll be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can imagine your frustration, but venting it like this is not helpful...

You can either get used to the new workflow with the help of tutorials like these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7OkKgl0DW0

Or: you can continue to use CC 22.2.

I would advise you to get used to the new approach (which has a lot of benefits!) as it is unlikely that Adobe will ever go back to the previous workflow. This new workflow was thoroughly tested through the beta versions over the last months with incremental feedback from a lot of users.

Also, bear in mind that Adobe uses an N-1 approach to software updates. Although you can still run previously installed versions, you can only download the latest installment and the one preceding it through the CC app.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just as upset as you are about the latest release. I am not going to pretend I like it. Adobe should welcome the feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do, actually. From a wide array of users. Some of whom love it. Some hate it, like "here", and some like me go ... well, it can be usable but I'll mostly skip it.

So which users do you want them to listen to, and which to ignore?

I don't care reallyone way or the other. I learned how to work with both the import and export pages. So I can use both. Or skip them, which is easy and fast.

And as it is easy and fast to skip both, I don't really get all the angst. Well except for the name thing in the Export page which you can quickly get to easily.

To start a project simply give it a name and location on the Import page, and don't import any media.

Hit "create new", then in the new project import as you always have.

No extra time whatever. You always have had to give a project name and location in a separatedialog box. This isn't any different. Other than allowing users to import there if you wish. They don't force you to change your patterns at all.

For the export page, you can take a bit of time and setup "favorites" for the presets you routinely use for media. Unstar all the system presets.

Once you've done that, for some things, it actually works as well as the old one.

For those times you need to see the names of other exports, this page doesn't work at all. IMHO definitely needs a change.

But then, you can skip this as easily as the Import page. Simply queue over to MediaEncoder and the old one pops up, with all the functionality you want.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, some hate them, and some love them.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, 

You wrote the following below. 

To start a project simply give it a name and location on the Import page, and don't import any media.

Hit "create new", then in the new project import as you always have.

No extra time whatever. You always have had to give a project name and location in a separatedialog box. This isn't any different. Other than allowing users to import there if you wish. They don't force you to change your patterns at all.

I never stated starting a project was harder. In fact I never stated what was bothering me about the new GUI. For the record Adobe should listen to the people who can provide evidence that one GUI paradigm is better than the other. Doesn't that sound like a good idea? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it that bothers you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never stated starting a project was harder. In fact I never stated what was bothering me about the new GUI. For the record Adobe should listen to the people who can provide evidence that one GUI paradigm is better than the other. Doesn't that sound like a good idea? 

Like Cody, other than 'it's different!' ... you say you've never stated what's bothering you? Well, what are you posting about then? Puzzling.

And ... they should listen to those who provide evidence ... um, they do, including having whole teams of people who do nothing but study how users react to screens. That's a good sized chunk of what their Marketing & Experience people do. (And yes, I quite frequently disagree with their findings but then I disagree with most things so what's new ... )

And now on the public beta forum, they have discussions with users over the changes they're proposing. So ... there's now that opportunity for users to post and be heard.

What it seems to me, is somehow you think your comments are more ... maybe universal? ... than others? Something?

Each of us is one data point. One human out of millions. I'm as mouthy as anyone at giving mine, but then, I have only two expectations: that everyone else has the option to be as mouthy as me, and I need to respectfully listen to their spoutings if I want them to listen to mine; and no one else has any obligation to like one blame thing I think.

I'm me. By myself, alone. As is everyone else.

But we all can share opinions and feelings. Any group of humans will have a process for making decisions, and if I'm part of it, there's a good chance many of the decisions will be different than my choices would have been. That's Life.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Niel,

I have already stated the Header Bar wastes space but there is more to it than that. I will have a video soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines