Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I need to render?

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Working on a MacBook Pro 15 inch, 2016 v 12.2.1

iphone footage shot in filmic pro with no effects added.

Footage plays pretty smooth in the source monitor but when put into a new sequence it has the yellow unrendered line and stutters. I have to render each clip to get it to play smooth with a green line. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You machine might not be powerfull enough to handle these kind of files as they are heavily compressed.

Or your sequence setting does not match the footage.

Or try using a different preview codec.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. One issue was my system. As for the sequence settings, everything I read says to simply creat new sequence from clip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode to ProRes and work in a Sequence with the Video Previews also set to ProRes and you'll see no color line above your footage - this is, you won't have to render footage that has no effects added.  You'll also benefit from Smart Rendering (things will be faster).

So, if you transcode to ProRes 422 LT, make sure your Sequence is also set to ProRes 422 LT.  If using a recent version of Premiere Pro, you'll get this automatically when you create a new SEquence from a ProRes source clip.

Depending on your iPhone model, you may be able to shoot ProRes directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I really appreciate all this. I'm shooting 4K - 10 bit in the Filmic Pro app on a 13 pro max using the most up to date Premier Pro, would you still suggest trascoding to ProRes 422 LT (I'm assuming using The Adobe Media Encoder?) Everything I read suggests that I leave it be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines