• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do the rendered preview files disappear from sequences when loading new versions?

Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asking this question for years. Why do the rendered preview files disappear from sequences in the introduction of new versions of Premiere Pro? I need to spend hours deleting the gigabytes of preview files and rendering all files on dozens of sequences. There must be some way to reattach the preview files?

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brit,

Sorry! This sounds like a bug you can file on User Voice, and a great question, but as to the reason, I am not sure. Re-linking preview files has always been rather dicey and I've talked to devs about it before (yes, it happens to me even in between new versions). I have heard it may be related to the preview file format. Which one do you use?

As an editor, though, I can advise to avoid updating any projects that are currently in production - especially if the new features might impact my workflow or if my project is particularly complicated, like a doc or feature. I don't like it, but I do it.

If I remember right, that's why Walter Murch was still working on Cold Mountain in FCP 1 or 2 by the time FCP 4 was out. Safeguarding that project file!

Typically, I wait until the new versions have been out awhile before beginning any new projects, preferring others to wring out the issues. Hope we can get your bug more attention over on User Voice. Premiere Pro User Voice

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I posted on the User Voice.

I thought that I had the auto update turned off, but it was apparently on.

I just reinstalled v15.4.1 and will stick to this one for a while - until this problem is sorted or I am ready for the big job of deleting and re-rendering all preview files.

BTW why did Premiere Pro go from v15 to v22 in one year? Where did versions 16-21 go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines