• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do Timelines Close and Reorder when Switching Workspaces?

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More often than not, when I switch to a new workspace, the timelines that I had open change order. 
Even worse, some of them close. 
And when I go back to my Editing Workspace, it happens again.

For me, switching between Workspaces contantly shifts and changes which timelines I have open. 

I want to use Workspaces, but when I do, they very often mess-up my flow.

Does anyone know why this happens? And possibly how to fix it?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I struggle with that problem for years. Try that: save a workspace with specific sequences opened, change the workspace, and then reload the saved one: Premiere will restore those perfectly. So, It looks like Premiere Pro is saving opened sequences with saved workspace, and whenever you load the workspace in another project it searches for the specified sequences in it, and if it didn't found those it will replace them with sequences from the project panel, and then everything will look messy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why if you want to switch between two workspaces while working on a project, just save the workspace before switching, this way you will restore it perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I've been experiencing the exact same issue I believe. I tried Ali_Jaber's solution which did not fix it for me. Have you found a solution or workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no, I haven't. I just learned to live with it.
I guess Adobe doesn't think that some editors will have more than one sequence open at a time.

And I guess they're right. Still, I don't get why this reordering takes place.

"Something" in the code is "deciding" what to show after one changes workspaces so I would think it would be an easy fix, but there's probably not that much demand for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of my biggest pet peeves about Premiere. I am constantly working on 4-5 sequences at a time. Usually they are variations of the same video. I need to easily move between all sequences in different workspaces to copy and paste elements and colorgrading. Adobe...please give us a solution to this slow torture of a workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same for me. I do local TV commercials and I almost always have 5 different lengths open at the same time. I just wound up changing workspaces as little as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this happens to me all the time too. There doesn't appear to be a solution yet, even though it's been happening for years. It's really annoying and completely counter-intuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines