• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does dynamic linking break with every new release, and then take 3+ months for Adobe to fix?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like dynamic linking. It works well right up to release day, and then it doesn't work for 3 months or more until we get a patch to fix it.  It happens every cycle without fail.  It's a nice feature and it makes my life easier, until it stops working and crashes all of my projects that utilize it all at once. Once it starts crashing it makes my life much much more difficult to the point that I consider not using it for the 8 or so months out of the year that it actually works. 

I understand releases may break things, but why make us wait 3 months for a fix every. single. cycle?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is to update After Effect to 22.01

Mine worked just fine regardless.

PP:22, AE:22 and 22.01, Win:21H1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't fix the problem! The dynamic links are broken on project start, relinking to new AE project with same links crashes both programs, and only viable solution is to render out all comps, alt-replace dynamic linked comps, and then delete them from the project before I render. 

I understand the issue will eventually be fixed, but just like previous releases over the last five or so years it will likely take several months for them to fully address, they'll finally fix it just in time for the new version, and then just when I'm remembering how much easier life is when it works the new release comes and they'll break it again.

PP 22, AE 22.01, Win 10.0.19043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines