Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does PP warble my colors on export?

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

After I've exported my last couple of videos, I've noticed something strange going on with the colors. At certain points they kind of look warbly. This is not Youtube processing as the original file looks this way as well. It shows in the example below in the first few seconds of the video. It happens mostly on grass. I do adjust the colors on all my clips (though I'm just learning, so I'm not great at it), so I'm wondering if its something I'm doing. It does NOT look like that before I export though. Thanks in advance for any help!

Example 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryana3451373,

Sorry about the poor experience. It seems like a compression artifact. Have you tried exporting in QuickTime - Apple ProRes 422 & checked if it's looking better?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Sumeet, it looks like compression artifacts. Exporting to a high quality codec (like Prores HQ) should solve the issue. Or if you want to use H.264 (which you are probably already using) - increase your datarate.

You might currently be using the H.264 'match source - high bitrate (or medium bitrate)' presets when exporting from Premiere Pro? If not try the 'match source - high bitrate' preset under H.264.

If you were already using this preset - try increasing the datarate in this preset. You'll find it in the 'video' tab in the export window, scroll down to 'Bitrate Settings' and change 'Target Bitrate' from 10 to 20.

See how you go.

Keep in mind high detail elements (like grass) are always going to be the hardest images to compress and keep looking OK - AND once uploaded to YouTube will always suffer the most once re-compressed by YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines