• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Premiere keep crashing my PC?

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a montage and premiere keeps crashing my PC. It's only about 4 and a half minutes long and while I've done a good bit to it, I wouldn't say I've necessarily done an overwhelming amount of editing on it. This just recently started happening tho so I'm wondering if my specs aren't good enough for the type of editing I'm doing, or if there's another issue I'm unaware of. My specs are listed below:

Processor: i5-9600k CPU @3.70GHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

Installed RAM: 16 GBs

Disk Space: 1 TB installed, about 30 GB free ATM

I have a feeling it's just my processor not being able to handle it, but I'm still not 100% sure. If that is the case, no big deal. I have an i9-9900k I bought a couple months ago and never put in, but if I need to upgrade it now I will. If it's disk space I've got that covered too, I've got an additional SSD I can put in also. I'm just not very knowledgeable when it comes to PCs and I don't really trust myself to put anything in by myself. Like I said, not really sure what the issue is but I'd appreciate the help. Thank you in advance...

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a montage and premiere keeps crashing my PC.

Disk Space: 1 TB installed, about 30 GB free ATM

By @roberts95137158

Free up some space on your hard drive. 30GB free of 1TB will cause problems. You should have a minimum of 10% free space, the more free space the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So would installing a second SSD help or do I need to free up space on this specific drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing a second disk will help a lot, but your computer will have issues with a system drive that is as filled up as it is today. But i understand that you will move media files to the new SSD so the system drive will have more space. 🙂

I recommend to move the location of the Media Cache and Media Cache Database to the new SSD when it is installed and at the same time delete the old Media Cache files and Media Cache Database files that lives on your hard drive today. Deleting the Media Cache files and Media Cache Database from your C:\-drive will free up space.

To set the location: Edit > Preferences > Media

To delete the files: FAQ: How to clear your cache in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines