• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does toggling sound effects on and off make KEYFRAMES?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did Adobe take it upon themselves to have keyframes created on the master mix bus whenever toggling an effect on and off??????? They seriously DO NOT GET IT; I didn't know what was happening at first until I found that the mix bus channel was a thing on the timeline and had a keyframe for every time I flipped the noise reduction on and off to hear exactly what it was doing.....

DUMB! And I can't find a soultion online because 98% of people don't know the FX slots are a thing in Premiere at all... I had to do my own test just to see which way the audio went through them (the singal path through the FXs is TOP to BOTTOM btw, you literally HEARD IT HERE FIRST). 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey young24497263aecc,

Sorry for the problems you’re experiencing. Would you be able to share a screen recording of the issue along with your system information? Also let us know which version of premiere are you currently on.

Regards,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a "layer stack" application, like virtually all other Adobe apps, EVERYTHING is top-down ... the effects order in the ECP, processing in the Lumetri panel, 'stacking' of graphic items within one mogrt ... everything! ... is top down. Why you would expect this to be different ... I dunno.

Second, this could happen if you have the track in either Touch or Write modes. Otherwise, it shouldn't. So paying attention to what the track is set for as far as automation is wise as always.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I know that? How would I know it's "top-down"?????? Even if I were to assume that it is... HOW WOULD I KNOW... I have to experiment for myself to confirm it's the case and if you read my original post, there is NOTHING online saying it's top down... yet you're here acting like, "it's top down of course!"

I also don't know what TF touch or write modes are, all I know is toggling an effect on and off makes keyframes, which is completly idiotic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is a complex and complicated application. By design, it is built with probably four ways to do everything, and each possibility has slightly different effects and implications. So it takes a lot or work to start getting the app working for you. Been there, done that. It's a steep learning curve that only gets steeper as you go along.

Like ... Resolve, Avid ... the other comparison apps. I use Resolve regularly also.

The Premiere Pro reference pdf    would be a good place for you to get some basic understanding of how things work. It's not nearly as detailed as the several thousand pages of the Resolve manual, but it is at least useful.

And the Touch and Write modes are incredibly powerful and useful tools ... they're not "dumb" in the least. They allow for very rapid and advanced work in controlling the audio output of the app. But yes, like everything else in this app, you do have to know what you're doing ... or at least, have the willingness to "poke the box" and learn from what happens how to do something.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is with the condenensing attitue f*** face? 

I know how Premiere works, I'm telling you it shouldn't be making keyframes when not asked to for ANY reason... does ANYTHING else in Premiere make keyframes automatically? NO! f***ing jerkoff 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From their idiotic training manual:

Off

Ignores the track’s stored settings during playback. Off allows real-time use of Audio Track Mixer controls without interference from existing keyframes. However, changes to the audio track aren’t recorded in Off mode.

Read

Reads the track’s keyframes and uses them to control the track during playback. If a track has no keyframes, adjusting a track option (such as volume) affects the entire track uniformly. If you adjust an option for a track that’s set to Read automation, the option returns to its former value (before the current automated changes were recorded) when you stop adjusting it. The rate of return is determined by the Automatch Time preference.

Write

Records adjustments you make to any automatable track settings that aren’t set to Safe During Write, and creates corresponding track keyframes in a Timeline panel. Write mode writes automation as soon as playback starts without waiting for a setting to change. You can modify this behavior by choosing the Switch To Touch After Write command from the Audio Track Mixer menu. After playback stops or a playback loop cycle is completed, the Switch To Touch After Write command switches all Write mode tracks to Touch mode.

Latch

Identical to Write, except that automation doesn’t start until you begin adjusting a property. The initial property settings are from the previous adjustment.

Touch

Identical to Write, except that automation doesn’t start until you begin adjusting a property. When you stop adjusting a property, its option settings return to their previous state before the current automated changes were recorded. The rate of return is determined by the Automatch Time audio preference.

Adobe needs to STOP trying to make anything audio related, they are brain dead. An automation arm on/off that is OFF by default is all it would take... instead they have 4 settings and all but "off" and "write" are usual. 

I don't think this solves the original issue in any case... why TF were keyframes being recorded automatically?????????????????? Just another thing the idiots are adobe are behind the ball on. Do you care to respond with how you use Resolve also some more? Resolve is a dumpster fire worse than Premiere btw, if you don't know that by now you obviously aren't actually using it regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is with the constant hostility? From your first post, you've been very hostile. And quite personal in comments. That I simply don't understand.

You've made comments that seem to indicate a lack of knowledge of how the app works. It will not make keyframes if the user doesn't have things set to do so, period. If the user has set the Touch or Write options in the Track mixer, yes it will ... because then the user has told it to.

That's the way it works. And someone who is shocked that the effects work top down is clearly not very knowledgeable in the operation of the program.

Ask. That's what we volunteers are here to do, to help others with troubles. And yea, there's places the app is a pain in the tushie. We all know that. This ain't one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WRONG, it is one... it's set like that automatically when it shouldn't be brain dead. Brain dead, I'm hostile towards the scum of the Earth designing this program that I have to pay for monthly even though it doesn't work, and hostile to the fact that these incompetiant programers hide behind sycophants like YOU to pretend the program works great simply because they have deluded you by making you an "adobe community professional." You're an adobe community professional who doesn't know the audio tracks automation is set to "Read" by default, WHICH RECORDS AUTOMATION... JUST LIKE I ****ING SAID IN MY FIRST POST. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your level of confidence in your wild assumptions is astounding. Apparently, you are one of the more omniscient humans around. I'm in awe, as ... I'm not.

I've used the track mixer for hours and hours, dude ... including turning effects on/off while looping the sound ... and never, ever ... had the action you're getting. "Read" mode has never set automation on me ... on any computer I've ever used, in any version of Premiere. That's in "Read" ... not a setting mode. If "read" on your rig is setting things, there's an issue in that installation. It ain't normal.

And your willingness to call people names and ascribe motives is something I find perhaps indicative of some sort of emotional issue, or outlook on the World or something. But I don't know you, I haven't a clue about your motives, and I'd never assume anything.

I'm no sycophant, and if you had clue one about my history here, you'd know how flipping absurd your comments and assumptions are. I've been very, very publicly critical of numerous decisions on here over the years. From the (to me) idiotic decision to EOL SpeedGrade rather than giving it the normally-needed code rebuild. To the lack of options we have with Lumetri for processing order ... the lack of shapes and gradients and such when the EGP was launched ... to the mess with the new color system of Pr2022.

These programs are simply tools for crying out loud. Fancy hammers. Getting so flipping emotional over a hammer or an app is ... to me ... odd. Senseless waste of emotion.

I work with both Pr and Resolve. I detest the UI of Resolve, but that's a personal thing. It doesn't in any way mean the developers are idiots! I can't see why anyone having a personal reaction would assume they have the only opinion that counts.

I've got friends who LOVE Resolve's UI ... more power to them! And I'm aware that Resolve, as they've been trying to build that out to compete with Premiere, has become another do everything for all media for everybody on all platforms ... attempt.

And since they've gone towards that, they've had more issues with instability, bugs, odd behaviors, gee ... go figure.

But it's an application, that's all. It isn't LIFE ... jeepers!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines