• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't Adobe understand how a compressor works?

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear when I was using Premierepro 2017 the single band compressor worked correctly, but maybe I just didn't realize it wasn't working correctly -- the single band compressor in 2022 without of doubt doesn't work correctly and makes me thing Adobe doesn't understand how a compressor is supposed to work at all.... every setting has to be 3.5 or more times what it should be just to see the result you'd expect from a compressor whose settings actually meant something. A real compressor with a ratio of 4 to 1 means for every 4 db the signal goes over the threshold ONE will pass through... with Premiere I have my ratio set to 13.5 just to see a similar result. Same with the threshold... I have my threshold all the way at -20 or something ridiculous just to see results of compression around -9. Complete idiots making this product

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIght want to post this on the Audition forum, as the sound stuff in Premiere is actually mostly Audition stuff, and the people handling all Premiere sound issues are the Audition staff.

And the users over there are better suited/more knowledgeable to answer your questions.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why would you tell me to post this in Audition's forum? So they can tell me, "this is a problem in Premiere, post in that forum." I don't know if the compressor works correctly in Audition or not... in Premiere it unequivically does not work correctly... today I did more tests... the hard limiter and tube compressor (or whatever the other compressor is called) ALSO don't work correctly at all. They are 100% bugged and not working correctly... in Premiere, not in Audition, IN PREMIERE. So your advice as a "adobe community """""""professional"""""" is to post this problem in Premiere in the Audtion forum???????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about um ... softening down a bit? "We" are all just users here, so ... trying to help each other ain't a problem that I can see. And there's solid reasons for my suggestions which you obviously aren't aware of.

First, Audition is the sound coding for Premiere. All sound for Premiere and AfterEffects is developed, coded, and "installed" by the Audition developers.

Second, the people ... both users and some of the devs ... with the best sound knowledge for the Adobe apps participate far more in the Audition forum. And some of the users over there can give you full details on all the audio effects ... from their current iteration clear back through their changes over the years.

They do that professionally ... with years of experience. So ... you just might consider going where the expertise for your issue is far higher. And can give the best advice on how to use those effects and get the most out of them.

And they, like me, will also tell you when they think something is busted or simply laid out wrong. But they know ... and far better than I, and realistically most anyone on this forum.

Which is why ... in trying to help you get the best help possible, I suggested the Audition forum. And why your response is a bit ... off.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines