• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why every Premiere pro update is a pain in the a.... ???

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the message is in the title.

Once again Adobe makes an update and I'm unable to re-open my premiere pro projects... WTF?????

Aren't you supposed to provide ''professionnal solutions''? Now it looks like you are UNPROFESSIONNAL!

DO SOMETHING ADOBE!

TRY YOUR UPDATE OUT BEFORE RELEASING IT!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum.

Please post that here, where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

Then create a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob - I will try this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is hardly a perfect program, and there are a few broken things right now. But there are several hundred thousand licenses for Premiere Pro as I recall ... and most of us aren't having any issues loading current or previous projects.

So ... if you actually want to figure out what's wrong with your setup, we'll be happy to help. We can't fix your problems without your asisstance.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil!

That's the second time it happens, first time was with the 22.0 update -

I work with a MacbookPro 2019 (2,6 GHz Intel Core i7 6 core / 16Go DDR4 ram / 500go SSD + 1To external hard drive (for premiere pro projects) + 2To external harddrive (for footage) -

I will try frist what Peru Bob suggest. I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere has a lot of data in the various cache and other files on how every bit of every project is set. Because of something, probably related to new code language or whatever, the move from one main version to another can have issues if your app still uses the previous version's cache files.

It can be a big problem for some, and other users have no problems at all, again, don't know why. But as Peru Bob wisely suggested, dump the cach files and let the new version rebuild them.

I've suggested that maybe it would be better if new versions always built new cache files with older version projects ... sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines