• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY IS CHANNEL BLUR OBSOLETE

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i used to use channel blur a few years ago, but i notced that it has now been moved to the obsolete folder. i am assuming it has moved because there is a new and better way of applying this effext to clips, but i am not sure how to. any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Hardware or GPU , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to do that in the Lumetri Color Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why it's obsolete since I can't see any obvious replacement. Since it's not GPU accelerated (and therefore slow) and not used commonly enough, it's likely it was deemed not critical to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really doable in Lumetri ... yea, that's a very different effect. I don't know of another tool to do that effect. The code on it probably dates from the CS era though. Ancient.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found a way to replicate the effect and the performance is way better than channel blur. I use it for a halation effect.

Just set the slope to 0 for all channels expect the one you want to show. All other parameters are unchanged for me.

julianlll_0-1672658072514.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines