• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is it so hard to retouch video in premiere pro?

Contributor ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a still photographer that is getting into video. I cannot understand why it is so incredibly tedious to retouch video in premiere pro. I am quite surprised that there is not a panel with all the sliders laid out, as their is in lightroom in the develop module. Further, why does Adobe not bring all of the sliders from ligthroom into premiere pro?! I am now often shooting video and stills in the same moments, and am finding it very hard to match video footage to stills when the stills were editing with lightroom sliders such as dehaze that do not appear to exist in premiere pro! Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

And thought I'd better add something here. I came out of stills, if you note my bio. Long time pro studio photographer, first used Photoshop with a scanner in the late 90's, used Lightroom from public beta 0.8. Been there done that, been nearly a decade in video post now.

My basic advice to anyone coming from stills: get over the tools of stills when working with video, just ... do it. Lose all you assumptions, the faster the better.

Why?

Think about it. Photoshop and Lightroom are both bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure things will get better. Adobe stated they ware working on a new Color Correction paradigm. Believe it or not I like the Color Board of FCPX. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it comes to doing a beauty pass for video, it's been done for so long and so well in After Effects that I am not sure how much of a demand there has been for native tools in Premiere Pro.  Of course, there is the need and there are some great third-party tools that work in both Premiere Pro and After Effects like Digital Anarchy Beauty Box (https://digitalanarchy.com/beautyVID/main.html) and BorisFX Beauty Studio (https://borisfx.com/products/continuum-filters/beauty-studio-filter-in-continuum/?collection=continu...).  A trial version of each one is available.  I suggest giving each a try.

- Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines