• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is it that exported images don't play back flexibly?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with exported images, the problem is a bit difficult to explain but I want to give it a try.

When I export my edited images, the images are not very flexible.
I personally don't know how this happened.

Take the video below and pay special attention to the houses in the background.
https://youtu.be/Y2wdIckkzdg?t=895

You can see that the images are a bit choppy.
How can this be solved? I have actually tried several export files.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

To answer directly, and to solve your specific question, yes.

But, more thorough answer: you're going to have some converting going on either way. As you've stated, just by changing that value to 59.94, your 59.94 footage will look good but your 30fps footage will look stuttery.

I would actually recommend changing your timeline to 29.97 or 30. The conversion from 60fps to 30fps will look better than your mobile footage being converted from 30fps to 60fps.

Or if you absolutely must deliver in 59.9

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your framerates are all mismatched. The video you linked on YouTube is encoded at 60fps, but if I step through the frames one at a time, it looks like the source video is 25fps. Make sure your sequence settings match your source settings, and then on export, make sure to check the "Match Source" checkbox by framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when i am looking for the specifications of the original video then i see this:

image.png

As you can see the framerate is 59.94.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you take screenshots of your sequence settings and footage properties in Premiere? Could still be a sequence framerate mismatch, or Premiere not reading the files correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the info of my export settings.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing - as I had initially guessed, your sequence is set to 25fps (see where it says Summary, then look at where it says Source). So Premiere is converting your original 60fps footage down to 25fps and then trying to re-upscale 25fps back to 60.

Right click on your sequence in your project, go to sequence settings, and change your framerate to be 59.94. Should fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oke, yes my original footage is 59,94, sometimes i using 2 formats 59,94 (gopro footage) and 30,00 (mobile footage)

I think i need to change this to 59,94?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer directly, and to solve your specific question, yes.

But, more thorough answer: you're going to have some converting going on either way. As you've stated, just by changing that value to 59.94, your 59.94 footage will look good but your 30fps footage will look stuttery.

I would actually recommend changing your timeline to 29.97 or 30. The conversion from 60fps to 30fps will look better than your mobile footage being converted from 30fps to 60fps.

Or if you absolutely must deliver in 59.94, maybe what you could try is setting your timeline to 59.94, and then changing the time remapping on your 30fps clips on that timeline to use Optical Flow instead of Frame Sampling. Might give you better results, depending on what the footage is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your detailed explanation, it makes it a lot clearer for me.
Usually 3/4 of my images are 59.94 fps.
I'm just going to see what the images look like after rendering in 59.94 fps.
If they are not beautiful and are really too stiff, I can always decide to go to 29.97 fps or 30 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although my question has been answered, I still have an additional question.
As I mentioned earlier, my gopro is set to 59.94 fps.
The images I take with my phone are 30 fps.

I eventually put the footage on YouTube and I can set my gopro to 30fps.
But what does this do to the quality? do you see a lot of difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try it with a short clip and take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless you are beholden to specs determined by your video's delivery location, framerates are entirely your preference and aren't really linked to quality (that's not 100% true but true enough for your question). I personally don't think there's ever a good reason to create a project over 30fps unless you're talking about sports or video games.

I think you should follow @MyerPj's advice, do some testing, look with your eyes and shoot what you like better.

I will recommend that you capture all of the footage for one project at the same framerate, or shoot in framerates that will cleanly convert into your main framerate for your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set your camera/gopro/phone or whatever to PAL 25 or 50 fps. This will save a lot of aggregation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now a screenshot of your EXPORT SETTINGS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot export settings and properties of the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines