• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHy is my Mac incompatible with premiere pro

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my film class granted us an access link to use Adobe CC for the next few months and I was able to sign up, however now that I'm trying to install Adobe Premiere to complete an assignment, it's telling me my Mac is incompatible. I'm not too familiar with technical specs but I got it in 2016, it's a Mac OS EL Capital Version 10.11.6. Anyone know a solution? Thanks in advance 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

According to the tech specs for Premiere Pro on Mac:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html 

it requires Mac OS 10.13 or later.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the tech specs for Premiere Pro on Mac:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html 

it requires Mac OS 10.13 or later.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it was new in 2016, you shouldn't have a problem updating the OS.  But...  updating the OS may make some of your apps incompatible with the new OS.  And apple in all it's wisdom (that's sarcasm, son) makes it difficult to download any particular OS rather than the latest that's compatible with your system.  Life is never simple.  I think the earliest version of Premiere CC still available is CC2018.  Do some googling and see if it's compatible with El Capitan (I'm pretty sure it is)   fwiw, I've got CC 2018, 2019 and 2020 installed on my 2012 MacbookPro running Hi Sierra.    Finding CC2018 to download from adobe may take a little work.  If you can't figure it out, post back and I'll see what I can dig up.

Good luck.

For safety's sake, clone your startup drive to an external drive using something like Carbon Copy Cloner so if things go south, you'll be able to restore your computer to it's earlier state.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same issue... Does anyone have a link to a version of premier pro that is compatible with Mac OS EL Capital Version 10.11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines