• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my search bar grayed out and unusable?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a month editing, today I found the search box is gray and does not let it write inside.

It is a useful tool to search among a large volume of material.

Captura de pantalla 2018-04-05 a les 10.49.54.png

I tried two lastest versions of Premiere & also I've cleaned & restored Cache's folders & still doesn't works.

Who knows why it has been disabled?

Or how can it be activated again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

The fix should be in the 12.1.2 update that was released last night (July 16).

More information on fixed issues and new functionality:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround:

Closed all projects

closed Premiere

opened premiere - new project - closed the new project

opened up my existing project and it worked

I suspect the new update is having trouble knowing when indexing is finished.

Hope that helps some of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DId work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* This DID NOT work for me, 

(Sorry that was a Typo above)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me!

What a bizzare glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here on my macOS Sierra running the latest update 12.1.1

sometimes the search bar in the project window is grayed out. Deleting the cache sometimes work.

this bug happens also on a windows 10 machine at the shopping channel where I work. They already started looking for alternatives.

Vote here to fix this annoying bug!

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/users/778982131

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all projects

2. Close Premiere

3. Press Alt + Shift + open Premiere --- (Let go of Alt + Shift when you see splash screen)

4. Open project.

5. Wait for ages

6. Search bar will work 2 out of 3 times

I have to repeat this process 3-4 times a day causing me to lose hours of productive work.

Please adobe fix this - I have been on to support and they (every time) get me to delete my cache folders and after 2 hours I just have to tell them I have to get back to work.

I have wasted at least 24 hours of work in the past 3 weeks on this.

Really frustrated now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe we have a fix for this bug that will be in an upcoming dot release.  There is a workaround to use in the meantime.  It seems that the one of the triggers for this bug is when the project panel tab appears in the right side of the window frame.  If you move the project tab to the far left side, save and re-open the project the search field will be enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the greyed out search bar also. When I open PP (12.1.1 Macbook Pro Mid 2012 High Sierra) fresh and then open a project the search bar is greyed out. If I go to File > Close Project and then reopen the exact same project again I get the search bar back and can use it as designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is on the left. And has not worked in weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue, and it's critical for me to have searching to work on my complex project.  12.1.1 did not fix the issue.  Running Windows 10.  None of the workarounds work consistently... I did get it back briefly but then closing and reopening project caused it to grey out again.  ARGGGGGGHHHHH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markymarkm - could include a screenshot of your Project panel (including all docked panel tabs) when it is in the state that the search bar is grayed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Here's the screenshot of the project panel... note that the Search bin decided to become active again when I relaunched Premiere before taking this screenshot. Before that, for the last day, I has closed/reopened the project, did a Save As, switched to another project... basically anything I could think of that might bring it back but nothing was working, until, completely randomly it came back alive for this screenshot, apparently to make me look like a liar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MarkyMarkM.  I see that your project panel is a set up a single window.  I will check with our developer and will try to reproduce to see if our pending fix will address this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked with the developer and we believe that we understand the cause of the bug and have a fix for it that will be included in an upcoming dot release.  Unfortunately I don't have a consistent work around (other than what has been suggested already).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I had that problem too and advise worked for me .. save as another name and reopen the new project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still giving you trouble JordiM? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fixed in 12.1.1. If it is not fixed for you, let us know, JordyM.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Kevin, I believe it is fixed in the next dot release after 12.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks Eugene.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update doesn't remove this bug.

The fix that works for me is hitting "close all projects" and reopening what you were already working on. (Make sure you save before doing this if you want continue where you left off. You DON'T have to save it as a new file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi UchiGames,

Yes, looks like the next update will address it. Sorry for that.

I think there is a workaround and it sounds like you are already using it. If you have the Project Tab set at the far right, move it left. Then, save and reopen the application. Let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work. My project has always been on the left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uchigames's fix? "The fix that works for me is hitting "close all projects" and reopening what you were already working on. (Make sure you save before doing this if you want continue where you left off. You DON'T have to save it as a new file)"

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the workaround that worked for me out of everything on this forum! select  file - 'close all projects'

thank you uchigames!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running v12.1.1 and my search box is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines