• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Snapping So Weak?

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me? I've been having this issue for years, on different machines. The snap works but it's extremely weak. I've Googled this issue, searched this forum, and I don't see anybody anywhere talinkg about this. In any other app I use (Vegas, Resolve, Hitfilm) the snap actually snaps, it sticks solidly as soon as the edge of a clip is close enough to the edge of another. PPro's is extremely finicky. I sometimes have to take up to 5 seconds to snap properly, especially when there are multiple clips selected. Is there any setting where you can adjust the "stickiness" that I missed?

Thanks

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you zoom in on the timeline so you can see the edit points up close. It allows for snappier snapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it, but even if it works, that should be changed. With other apps I can snap properly at any zoom level.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely use both Premiere and Resolve and haven't noticed any differences in Snap. So ... interesting.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's weird. I would think it's my PC, but I've used PPro in three machines over the last 3-4 years, and snapping has been extremely weak on all of them. Inconsistent even. Sometimes it's just like it was turned off. The little triangle appears in the top of the clip, but disappears in a fraction of a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not just you.  I've got both CC2019 and 2018 on my system and on a current project I'm working with in 2019, I'm seeing this behavior.  Will try exporting a simple xml from a sequence and open in 2018 and see if there's a difference.  will post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, something's broken in cc2019 or there's a new preference or setting we're missing.  Took a relatively simple sequence with 3 video tracks and 4 audio tracks in 2019 in which snapping wasn't working and exported an xml.  restarting the mac and launching cc2018 and creating a new project with default settings and importing the xml and snapping works fine.  restarted the mac and launched cc2019, created a new project and imported the same xml and snapping isn't working. And I've tried zooming way in...  Will try and reset premiere preferences and see if that fixes it and post back...    more later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, something's broken.   reset preferences and still seeing the lack of snap...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just checked creative cloud and there's an update to premiere 2019 that I need to install.  will post back if that changes anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did the update.  still the same...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine snaps (I think), I can see the little white arrow on top of gthe clip, but it's way too finicky. Snap should be a lot more sticky. That's what snap is for after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a request for snappier snapping. The link below where the product team looks for issues and requests:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Post a link back here and people can upvote it to get some traction...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar but different... snapping in my PP 15.4 on Mac is inconsistantly too snappy. Sometimes it wants to snap to some imagined point that isn't there. I have to zoom in for it to find the proper point. This can happen with as simple as only two clips in the sequence, no markers on sequence or clips and no virtual cuts. It seems like when zoomed out, snapping just gets confused sometimes, requiring me to zoom in. It's clunky. This doesn't happen in Resolve, and definitely not in...  don't laugh, but it doesn't happen in a version on FCP7 that I still have installed on a partition. FCP7 was super smooth! I'm also wondering if there is a "stickiness" adjustment in PP. I'd love to turn it down a few notches in my case. Snapping is such a necessity, but it should just work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultn4pim2zsb2z9 wrote:

I'm also wondering if there is a "stickiness" adjustment in PP. I'd love to turn it down a few notches in my case. 

Request that here where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines