Why is the create button grayed out in Premiere Pro import dialogue box?

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a new Premiere Pro project, which apparently begins with importing media. I have what I understand to be compatible media selected, but the "create" button is grayed-out, prohibiting me from going further.

Does anyone understand why and could they suggest a remedy for this?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 8.10.11 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Most users bypass any importing on this 'page', as it's not necessary.

De-select everything in the middle and the right-side 'create sequence' button, so nothing is selected in the middle nor blue on the right side ...the only things done on this page are giving the project a name and location.

Now scroll down, the Create button should be available far lower right, click that, and your project opens as it used to. Now add media as you used to via the Project panel or MediaBrowser panel.

Ne

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most users bypass any importing on this 'page', as it's not necessary.

De-select everything in the middle and the right-side 'create sequence' button, so nothing is selected in the middle nor blue on the right side ...the only things done on this page are giving the project a name and location.

Now scroll down, the Create button should be available far lower right, click that, and your project opens as it used to. Now add media as you used to via the Project panel or MediaBrowser panel.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, @R Neil Haugen, I really appreciate your help.

Amazing, I couldn't deselect anything, and all of the menus were grayed-out. I had to force quit. What a terrible user experience, right off the bat, before I even got started.

But once I restarted the app and followed your suggestions, everything worked as expected.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines