Exit

Why is the gpu acelebration grayed out

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I just bought a brand new laptop 

Intel I7 12th generation, rtx 3070 TI, 16 ram. 

When i try to use immersive transitions, it tells me that " this effect requires GPU acceleration ". I watched a YouTube toturial and it said I need to enable a render option with Gpu acceleration but when I got to that setting, the render option was grayed out meaning I couldn't change that setting. Is it a problem with the laptop or what should I do??

Thanks in advance yall,

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Max,

Welcome to the community! Sorry for the issue. Have you tried installing the most recent NVIDIA GPU drivers? We recommend using Studio Drivers. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem lies with the fact that big-name laptop brands use their own proprietary customized versions of both the Intel and the Nvidia graphics drivers. Installing generic versions of the drivers, as downloaded directly from both the Intel and the Nvidia Web sites, and then using the "Clean Install" option, will completely erase all OEM customizations of the graphics components in favor of the chip makers' default settings. This will degrade the graphics performance of the laptop in question.

And the Nvidia graphics driver, as it was originally installed in your PC, is likely older than the oldest driver version that is required for Adobe to even support at all. So, please check your laptop maker's site for any updated drivers for both the Intel and Nvidia graphics, and then if you download any generic drivers directly from both Intel and Nvidia, please install those on top of the existing latest OEM-specific graphics drivers (do not clean install those drivers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the "Clean Install" option, will completely erase all OEM customizations of the graphics components in favor of the chip makers' default settings. This will degrade the graphics performance 

By @RjL190365

Does this only apply to laptops?

Would, for example, Dell desktops, be in this category?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have clarified this. All big-name-brand PCs apply. Desktop or laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Glad to hear from you.
I ended up installing the 2022 version instead of the 2023 and it's working
perfectly now.
Thank you!!
Have an awesome weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That just circumvents the problem. It does not fix the problem at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines