• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why mask not aligning anymore? Help me please.

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

截圖 2022-07-28 下午5.32.50.pngI'm using Premiere Pro 15.0 on Mac Mini. Sometimes, the mask works perfectly, and sometimes it just doesn't align. Please Help me.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are tracking manually do not add or delete nodes.

Make sure footage matches sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how to view the settings of the footage? (Sorry, I'm a beginner at Premiere Pro)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it happen when the FPS is different but everything else is the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry,

Sorry. Are you saying the source footage is at a different frame rate than the sequence? That should not matter. I tried it myself and had no trouble. That said, it is always a good idea if your source footage matches your sequence settings if at all possible. Handling files in any way, like rendering and playback, works better with matching settings.

Back to masking, controls are found in the Effect Controls panel. You might try experimenting with simpler masks to get the hang of the workflow. Creating a single complicated mask is not a beginner-friendly technique to start with, unfortunately. 

Are you masking a human figure? It looks like you are. That may take multiple masks to control appropriately. While possible in Premiere Pro, multiple mask handling and masking (rotoscoping) human beings are more in motion design, and After Effects would be the better tool for that.

I hope we can help you achieve what you want, though.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for answering me, what you're talking about is exactly what I'm doing, I'll try to use After Effects to solve the problem, Will it be convenient for you if I ask you questions again in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, Jerry. Let me know any difficulties you are facing. Look up the topic of After Effects rotoscoping online for additional training. You can also use roto brush for such effects instead of traditional masks. Rotoscoping is very satisfying work; however, it is tedious.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines