• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why must I relink files every time I open project?

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First I used a external hard drive to work from, but it was getting slow and cumbersome to carry around. Now I moved my proxies to my internal SSD. Of course I had to relink media on the next start up. But now I have to do that again every time i start the program and it is a lot of files. How can I fix this?

And do the original files also need to be moved to the internal SSD next to the proxies? 

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thijsb56604725,

Sorry for the frustration. Can you try moving the proxies folder into the same folder as your project? After relinking, Premiere Pro should now locate them automatically on loading. 

Can you try that and report back?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I did, it still ask to link media but i have to do that one more time then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only proxies that ask to be relinked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a few restarts it is not asking anymore to relocate media, so seems to be fixed!

My only remaining question is when I finish the project and export the video, it will need the original files and not the proxies, how would that go? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines