• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why the CTR moving when I'm selecting a single or many cut points?

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm holding Ctrl or Command and selecting cut points .. the CTR jumps to the closest cut.
How can I stop it from moving?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

...but also there is a case to just apply a default transition or multiples ones to multiple cuts and don't move the CTR .. don't change the position I'm standing at on the timeline

By @Omar-Abdelaziz

In that case, make sure to select the Selection Tool (V) before selecting multiple clips, without any modifier key such as Ctrl. If you have the Selection Tool selected and just lasso select the clips you can select let´s say ten clips in one go and the add the default transition to all selecte

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1678653231962.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This not what I'm talking about .. I'm selecting cut not moving the CTR with a purpose .. All I want to select cuts with out moving the CTR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omar,

What are you trying to do? I do not understand all the options, and we cannot see your program monitor. When I hold Ctrl, then drag-select, it enters a ripple edit mode in the Program monitor, which requires that the CTI move to an edit point. But with multiple edit points, the only active option is to apply the default transition.

I suspect someone can educate us both on what is happening.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's logical to move the CTR to the edit point but that's in the case of I intend to use the ripple edit mode, 
but also there is a case to just apply a default transition or multiples ones to multiple cuts and don't move the CTR .. don't change the position I'm standing at on the timeline

Did you get me now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but also there is a case to just apply a default transition or multiples ones to multiple cuts and don't move the CTR .. don't change the position I'm standing at on the timeline

By @Omar-Abdelaziz

In that case, make sure to select the Selection Tool (V) before selecting multiple clips, without any modifier key such as Ctrl. If you have the Selection Tool selected and just lasso select the clips you can select let´s say ten clips in one go and the add the default transition to all selected clips, without moving the CTI. ( CTI=Current Time Indicator )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did not come to my mind! .. that's works .. thanks Averdahl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTI as in Playhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm holding Ctrl or Command and selecting cut points .. the CTR jumps to the closest cut.
How can I stop it from moving?

By @Omar-Abdelaziz

I finally understood your question and answer is simple : behavior is by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines