• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why......why change where everything is?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

You are getting so annoying by making changes where changes don't need to happen. All the tools and panels that I am used to having, aren't there. They are located somewhere else and completely inconvient. You are making easy tasks, difficult.  So.....Once again....none of my shortcuts work. Thanks for the 6th or 7th time. I am no searching for panels to edit audio, back to effects, back to editing...when they were all there at the top with an easly click to transition to.

So I ask again....why in the hell do you make changes when changes are not needed?

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for the frustration. You can directly let our engineering team know about it by putting it up here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro 

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kartika, 

Can this problem be fixed (video link below)? Why change the GUI instead of making the transitions GPU accelerated? Not eveyone that uses Premiere Pro will visit the website to vote tthings up and down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has an elaborate process run by their massive Marketing & Experience section that tests things with small groups & individual users. I've been ... "blessed" ... with having been an interviewee both in-person and via zoom. So ... all these changes have actually been run by a lot of people.

That said ... the M&E people aren't actually users of the apps themselves, so it's at times an ... odd ... experience. And I look at the results they come up with and at times just ... wonder. Ah well.

Hiding the workspaces was something done to "simplify" the veiwing screen in front of the user. But that's in a way neither you, me, nor I think many users actually wanted "simplification".

There's a 'new' icon in the upper right of the main Premiere window. It's kinda like a computer screen. Click on that, you get a dropdown of the workspaces. That's supposedly better organized and easier ... ? Whatever.

On that list, near the bottom, is an option to display workspaces. That gets a couple showing.

But ... there's a "pipe", a vertical line, to the left of the first workspace name. Hover over that line, and drag it left as far as it goes. Now you get several more workspaces showing.

For your custom workspaces, if you add a number in front of the name, they will appear in the list in the Worskspace dialog in numerical order. And you can use keyboard shortcuts for them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines