• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

will old copy of CS4 encore w/serial # work on my old MacBook Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need to author a blu ray disc. I have an old copy of CS4 Production Pro with the legal serial number and all. If I install this on my old macbook pro from 2012 that still has a disc drive (I have not updated the OS) will I be able to use Encore to author a bluray?

I really, really hope so. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Ok in good faith I had to come back and correct myslef incase anyone reads this in the future - 

It kept crashing on High Sierra - so I spent the whole day figuring out how to downgrade to El Capitan and then re-installed it and it workes perfectly. So to anyone reading this in the same boat:
Adobe CS5 + El Capitan will still work. I installed adobe via their install discs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not. Activation servers have been taken down up to CS5.5.

But if you dont try you will never know for certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!
I just installed (by disc) Adobe CS5 Production Premium on my 2011 Macbook Pro with High Sierra OS and it installed fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I am surprised. Did not think it would work. But there you go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok in good faith I had to come back and correct myslef incase anyone reads this in the future - 

It kept crashing on High Sierra - so I spent the whole day figuring out how to downgrade to El Capitan and then re-installed it and it workes perfectly. So to anyone reading this in the same boat:
Adobe CS5 + El Capitan will still work. I installed adobe via their install discs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChrisW, some related. Am I able to remove machines (one was work, one broke) from my personal CS4 license. I wish to intall it on two diferent 2012 MacBook. I believe 3 machines was the limit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2 is the limit. To use a third machine, you need to deactivate one first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Give it a try and let us know what happens. It should work.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I just chatted with an Adobe rep on their online chat help and she said the same thing. I'm hopeful! I was goint to try to keep the computer offline while I do, but I guess it needs to be connected to the internet when I enter the serial number? Thank you so much for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKED!!!!!

I booted up my old 2011 Macbook Pro, which I had updated to High Sierra and it all installed and works. 

I'm elated. 

So for anyone wondering - Adobe CS5 Producion Premium will still install and run on Mac High Sierra OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction - I had to downgrade to El Captian for it to work properly, but it works like a charm now. Thank god for youtube and a 14 year old in India named Parth. I'd venmo that kid of I could find him! Only tuturial on youtube that actually knew how to downgrade a Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines