• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Will upgrading from 32GB to 96GB Of DDR4-3200Mhz ram will make a real difference, compared to 62GB?

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy!

I'm currently running low on Ram. I have the "Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro CMW32GX4M2C3200C16", which is a 2x16GB 3200Mhz Kit. Now i'm surely going to upgrade, and i've been thinking of removing these sticks and placing 2x32GB in my motherboard, but why not combine the 2x16 and 2x32GB to make a total of 96?

Yes, i'm doing fairly heavy 4K50 editing on Premiere Pro. I'm recording footage at 4K50 150mbps .MOV from my Panasonic GH5.  

Current kit i'm using: VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 
Kit i'd like to combine: VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
(Click links above to see Corsair's specs)

My PC Specs
i9 9900KF running at 5GHz.
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
RTX3080Ti
2x M.2 2TB's running at 1800+mbps (Skyrocking fast) 
Premiere Pro installed on M.2 Drive C:, footage stored on M.2 Drive D:

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can't speak with any great authority on this, but I had some serious issues a few years ago mixing different sizes of RAM on a mac.  Although I had been told by the seller (OWC) that it wouldn't be a problem, I had intermittent crashes until I bit the bullet and just made all the RAM the same.  As far as performance goes, again, I can't speak with any authority on this, but the commonly accepted knowledge is the more RAM the better.  Also, the more RAM, the more programs you'll be able to run at the same time...   And the more flexibility you'll have in setting the memory setting in the Premiere preferences.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines