Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

window.open for cep

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm developing an extension for Premiere Pro and using CEP. For my task, I need to open a window with another site and get information from it (as in window.open for JavaScript). window.open is not available in CEP.

Is there a solution for this?

I have read a lot of materials about this, but it seems that many methods don't work now.

Thank you.
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Use the 

openURLInDefaultBrowser('https://google.com')

method in CSInterface.

If you need to communicate with another site, then use something like fetch() or Web Sockets.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CEP panels are, themselves, also web pages; as you've noted, window.open wouldn't make much sense, in that environment. 

Panels can also open urls in the system's default browser, but I doubt csInterface.openURLInDefaultBrowser() is what you want...

What sort of web page are you attempting to open? Could you obtain the information you're getting from that web page, via another method? Perhaps an API? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the 

openURLInDefaultBrowser('https://google.com')

method in CSInterface.

If you need to communicate with another site, then use something like fetch() or Web Sockets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines