Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 11 - Error Code 3

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there everyone,

I've been using adobe premier pro for years now, but when the Windows 11 update came out, my hardware encoding renders all stopped working. I keep getting an "Error Code 3" at the beginning of the timeline. I export to an external 2 TB storage if that helps to know. I would really rather use the hardware encoding over the software so im not waiting 15+ hours. How can I fix this problem?

[Also, the apps are up to date]

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The render time has now jumped to 27 hours! (With the software encoding)

Normally they take no longer than 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there DM,

Sorry! If Software Rendering is untenable, can you try a copy of your project to export in the Beta? Are things working better there?

Re-reading, I see that your typical export takes 8 hours using Hardware Encoding??? How long is your sequence, my friend? Long, long timelines take up an enormous amount of resources as I'm sure you are aware.

If you don't have an astronomically long timeline, you may want to look into smart rendering where you render your entire timeline to the ProRes codec, (which you set up with Sequence Settings > Editing Mode > Custom to change the video preview codec). Get the green bar across the timeline, then. export as ProRes with the Previews checkbox enabled. This export process is absolutely foolproof. You can then use the ProRes master as source for any delivery codecs ala H.264. This ProRes file and the render files take up a lot of space, however, you can delete them once you have your delivery file.

Let us know how we can help you at all.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...export as ProRes with the Previews checkbox enabled. This export process is absolutely foolproof. You can thn use the ProRes master as source for any delivery codecs ala H.264.

By @Kevin-Monahan

OT:

There are daily posts with issues and errors with the H.264 Exporter, in this forum as well as in different video editing forums and in FaceBook groups. 99 out of 100 times those issues can be workaround by using another export codec such as ProRes. 

Are there any serious plans at Adobe to fix/re-write the H.264 exporter, to finally solve issues like this that has plauged it for years to make it foolproof as well? 🙂

A third party exporter such as the TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC for Premiere Pro don´t have any of those issues, so it it possible to get the native H.264 exporter a re-birth and make it good with no or at least a ton fewer error messages and hangs than what we see today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Averdahl,

A question for the devs over on User Voice, no doubt!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using adobe premier pro for years now, but when the Windows 11 update came out, my hardware encoding renders all stopped working.

By @DomMichael

Very little information to go on, but make sure that you are using the latest graphics driver.

-- Links --

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Support for Intel® Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines