• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows alternative to Apple ProRes 422?

Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I am running CS5.5 on a HP workstation, Win 7 Pro.  I understand that I cannot use the apple prores codec as I am not on a Mac.  However, I have a client who wants footage delivered as ProRes 422.  What would people suggest as the best output option on a PC to provide the same quality?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

you actually can encode/decode ProRes on Windows:

DNxHD VC-3 ProRes Codecs Overview

Greetings from Germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the Miraizon prores v1 codec from the site you mention and it produced terrible results. Serious macroblocking errors that were so bad I contacted support who told me they were working on a new version that would solve the problem. I waited for a number of weeks thinking they would fix the problem. They contacted me telling me I had to purchase the v2 version to solve the problem. Granted they offered me a percentage off the price, however I asked for a refund. They wasted my time so I recommend you stay clear of these guys. Bad code, bad support, bad business practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cineform is now included in Pr CC 2014 (8.1?  Maybe 8.0 as well. Can't remember.).

It's a pretty nice cross-platform codec.  Supports alpha, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines