Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

WINDOWS running PREMIERE PRO whole program goes black in chunks warning note of fail video buffering

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my PC build:

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D (Intel LGA1200/Z490/ATX/3xM.2/Dual Thunderbolt 3/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 2/Intel WiFi 6/Direct 12 Phase Digital Power/Intel 2.5G LAN/Motherboard)

CPUIntel - Core i9-10900K 10thGeneration 10-core - 20-Thread - 3.7 GHz (5.3 GHzTurbo) Socket LGA1200

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition Graphics Card (900-1G180-2515-000)

HARD DRIVE: Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology, Black/Red

SECOND HARD DRIVE: (where I set my caches to render) Samsung (MZ-V7E1T0BW) 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology, Black/Red

EXTERNAL DRIVE: (where I store my project and media) OWC Thunderbay 4 RAID 0

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

Premiere Pro v 15.4.1 (build 6)

My footage is MXF 4K.

Proxies are 1080p AppleProRes 422 Proxy

My sequences are not longer than 5 minutes 1080p.

I've been having issues with Premiere going black.  Not jus the program window but the entire program.  Everything kinda lags, then suddenly rectangle of black will appear where I click my mouse.  It can be the timeline the source monitor or the Project window, it doesn't matter where. So I'll go to save and even the save window is black with no text, but I can still save and click enter.  Then I quit out of premiere and restart the program and everything is fine for about 15-20 minutes until it does it again.  This happenes with new projects and old projects.  I can't find anything about it on the web.

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi filmsproket,

We're sorry to hear about this. Which driver type have you installed for RTX 2070 (Game Ready/Studio)? If you are using the Game Ready drivers please do a clean installation of the latest Studio driver & check if it's helping.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated to the latest driver when it came out, less than a month ago.  Version 472.12.  I've created a new project in which I'm not using proxy files, but am working off the full 4K mfx files, and I haven't had the black freeze up yet.  This makes me think it could be an Adobe issue with proxies.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines