• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Update Causes premiere to become unusable

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the forced Windows updates (screenshot attatched) premiere becomes unusable.  The audio sounds very wobbly and glitchy and the video also will not playback smoothly as it was before the update. 

Re-installing premiere and GPU drivers seems to do nothing.  The only fix we have found so far is a complete reformat.  This seems to be happening repeatedly and we are looking for a shorter fix than a full reformat.  

The system is a AMD Ryzen threadripper 3960x 24 core processor - 3.8ghz with 64GB on a Asus ROG Strix TRX40-E.  

Any thoughts or ideas of things we could try?

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd make sure to clean the Memory and Disk Cache if you haven't already. Before doing a full reformat I'd consider running the Adobe Cleaner Tool.

More info here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running the same CPU on a just-updated Win10 rig without any troubles whatever. Wonder what went wrong with your system ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines