• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With latest 22.4 and 22.5 Premier Pro, Unable to export h265 VR with 4.0 Ambisonics

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With latest 22.4 and 22.5 version Premier Pro and the new export user interface, you no longer have the ability to export h265 VR monoscpic video with 4.0 Ambisonics. The ambisonics box dissapears when you switch to h265 codec where as in previous versions you were able to export with ambisonics spatial audio.   The problem with h264 codec for VR 360 projects is you are unable to utilize your graphics card (nvidia RTX) when exporting and the h265 codec allows for higher resolution.  Did this function break with the latest updates?  I've had to roll back to an older version of Premiere to export my projects.premiere pro 22.5 export failt_1.pngUntitled.png

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is how we were able to export h265 VR 360 monoscopic content with ambisonics 4.0 channel audio. It seems with the latest updates, this no longer an option for us.  Hoping this can be resolved in a future update. Until then, I'm stuck on version 22.2 of Premiere Pro. 😞

premiere pro 22.2 Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not be stuck with 22.2.

Send your timeline to AME. Open the old fashioned export settings in AME and see it the feature is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!  I tried reinstalling the latest version of Premiere Pro 22.5 and I sent the VR 360 monoscopic timeline with ambisonics 4.0 channel audio to Adobe Media Encoder. The challene with the latest version of AME is that it doesn't allow you to export 4.0 channels for ambisonic sound as that option is missing both in h264 and h265 codecs.  This had been an issue that was missing in 22.0 but it was fixed with 22.2 verion of Premiere. Here's a screen shot showing it is missing in AME latest version. premiere 22.5 AME exportScreenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was worth a try....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sure was, thanks for the suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the export settings for HEVC (H.265) set the channels to stereo by default. Make sure audio is set to 4ch, not stereo, then you can check "Audio Ambisonic". 
PS Also notised some irregularities with the binauralizer ambisonics - effect in my PPro version 22.6.2. Previosly you had to turn it on for previews, but off on the master track before export to get ambisonic sound. In my current setup it is on and still works on export. Strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I wanted to provide an update. I was able to save the export preset settings from Premiere Pro 22.2 and successfully import those into the latest version 23. This allowed me to export my 360 VR project in h265 with 4 channel ambisonsics audio. It's weird that I'm unable to select those presets to begin with but I'm just glad to be able to update to the latest version now. The export preset settings are saved here C:\Users\[INSERT_USER_NAME]\Documents\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\22.0\Presets. You can then choose to import those export settings when you are exporting your timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines