Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Within Transcript Panel - Clicking on "Export to Text File.." does nothing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within Transcript Panel - Clicking on "Export to Text File.." does nothing

I can manage to successfully transcribe my video/audio file, I can also successfully create captions, what my issue is though is that when I go to my "Transcript" panel and choose "Export To Text File.." nothing happens.  I even wait thinking its probably hanging or frozen up, and yet still nothing gives me the option to save a text file version of the transcribed audio to a folder on my hard drive.

The option looks like it should work, (as in it's not greyed out, the link looks clickable)  but nothing happens.  I really need this option to help my workflow on my interviews.

Other options within the "Transcript" panel that look clickable (not greyed out) also do not work for me are:
"export transcript.."
Export to CSV file.."
Disable auto-scrolling"

The options that look clickable and do work however are:
"Re-transcribe sequence"

"Display pauses as [...]"

Out of all the options I really need the "Export to text file.." to work.

I don't know what else to do, can someone please help?

Many thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

I've just had this exact problem - nothing working when trying to click the export buttons... 

Reason was my sequence was named: Week #3

Removed the # and everything worked!

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd, and I don't remember anyone reporting it. It works correctly for me.

When you click the save text file button, a save dialogue should pop up. I wondered if it could be off screen and not show. Normally, such a dialogue (e.g. the "Save As" project) will prevent any other action in the PR interface. But the "Export to text file" button does not. (I'd call that a bug.) If it was working for you (!), you could test this (as I did) by clicking outside that save dialogue box on the PR interface. The save dialogue is now hidden behind the PR window, and, in fact, you can click on the "Export to text file" button again, and it will create a second dialogue (which is also hidden).

If it were that simple, you would probably have discovered it already, so I wonder if it is popping up on the wrong monitor or otherwise off screen? Resetting workspace or resetting preferences might fix that.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

You made some excellent suggestions, yet still no luck sadly. 

I just tried disconnecting my two other display monitors (I run on 3) and tried again and it didn't change anything.   

I even have shrunk the size of the program window down so its not full screen, moved it off centre to the screen in the hope the "save as" box was appearing behind the program, but alas still nothing.

I was really hoping to see that "save as" dialogue pop up box possibly hidden somewhere but there really was nothing there sadly, it's as if the program doesn't recognise clicking on "export to text.." at all for some reason.

After that I tried your "resetting workspace" and thought it was another great option but that still didn't fix it either.

I loved your suggestions, sadly still no fix however.

Regards,
Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

exactly the same behavior with my project. Transcription running well. Captioning works inside PR, but i'm unable to export the transcription. There is only the possibility to export as an *.srt 😞

I checked it on an WIN and on an MAC witrh Version 22.0.0 (Build 169) - no additional monitors and reseted the workspace.

Nothing happens.

Greetings,

Kristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you have the same issue Kristian.  This sounds like a bug to me now.

It is quite frustrating.  I hope we can both find a solution soon.

I have also opened up a suggestion for PR about this here:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44444472-transcribe-export-...

Perhaps you may also like to vote on this together?

I'm still open to suggestions if anyone else has an idea too.

Cheers n beers,
Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted. There appear to be a couple more reports of this also.

I also filed a bug in the Beta forum regarding the incorrect behavior of the save dialogues.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/bug-text-panel-ui-issues-22-1-1-build-4...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  I did find a work around however.

Merge segmnets (as many as you as you desire), then copy and paste segments into a word or text file.  The timecode stamps don't follow but at least I was able to provide the presenter with a transcript to correct/verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Several work around attempts have failed.  I really need to move this 2 hour interview transcript to a txt file for editing and consoliation.  Otherwise, copying it block by block from the transcript seems the only option.  I watched a YouTube video in which the presenter followed the exact same steps I did and a dialogue box popped up, allowing him to export to .txt.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Encounter a simular issue today. Clicked "Export to text file"... nothing happens....

However, as soon as I imported something / anything into a project bin, the 'Save' window for the text file export would pop up... Bingo! Give it a go.

Seems to be a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had this exact problem - nothing working when trying to click the export buttons... 

Reason was my sequence was named: Week #3

Removed the # and everything worked!

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boom - I can't believe it. It must be the special characters in the name of the sequence.
adamp96820089 is absolutely right. Just checked it in one of my projects here - the behavior is exactly as described by adamp96820089.

Many thanks to adamp96820089 and shame on ADOBE for very weak support.

Kristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This bug has been addressed in the latest release and there should be no issues with sequence naming for exporting text or transcripts from now on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem as of today 2-23-22.  my sequence name had characters like "&" "_" and timecode "22:00"  the transcribe export buttons didn't work for me.  Once I renamed my sequence to something simple... BOOOM! I got the export pop-up window and was able to save the files.  at least it was only 3 hours of wasted time.  Back to editing. 

Thank you adamp96820089 you are a life savor!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue still on PP v24.1.0 (Build 85) on 1-5-2024
A file I imported used the ">" character in the sequence name. I knew there were characters to avoid in file systems but didn't notice this hiding in the name.  Would be nice if Premiere had some type of error notification rather than just the unresponsiveness 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem but it wasn't solved by changing the name of the sequence. For me, I am able to generate a .txt file and a .csv file when exporting a transcript, however, those files are empty. They have a size of "Zero bytes." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and use this feature often. I changed the name of my seq, and it worked all of a sudden. I removed special characters in the file name. In my case it was a "/" that was the culprit. 

Hope this helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to have been "fixed" as of mid-February, Release version 22.2.0. If you have not updated from 22.1.0, you may still get this bug.

I put "fixed" in quotes because it does not work quite as expected.

Now, if you use certain characters in a sequence name (I tested only a period, #, and /), the Export Text File dialogue will open, and the problem character will be replaced with an underline. If I put the problem character back in, the file save works with the period and #, but the / gives an illegal file name error.

This tests the same in Beta 22.4.0.14.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines