• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wont let me export! 2022 version sucks and I cant get my work out to a client.

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - WTF

Everytime i go to export in adobe PR 22 crashes no matter how many times ive tried. As soon as i use the short cut it poops itsself - seriously dont autimicatically update it unless you know there arent any problems wiht it crashing. Ridicoulus considering how much we pay for the product each month

Can anyone help me get this project to export? 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These video post apps are incredibly complex beasts ... doesn't matter who makes them. A bit of tested advice is never ever switch client work to a major new version until you've tested it throroughly. Thankfully that's a lot easier with the Adobe apps than say BM Resolve. Because with Resolve, you can only have one version installed at a time. With PrPro, you can have mulitple major versions at the same time.

So I and many others recommend continuing production for clients in a version you're working ok in until the new major release, as tested on your machine with your media/project style/workflow practices ... is shown stable.

About the same time Adobe dropped their new batch, Resolve had a major update in 17.4. Which, exactly like the Adobe release ... worked fine for many users, worked but with issues for a bunch, and totally bonked others. Personally, I'm waiting for the next patch for Resolve probably. Because I don't want to set it up and test on a secondary machine, as most of my Resolve-using acquaintances do.

For me, PrPro 22.x is working very spiffy other than it was a bit of a pain to get the preferences including keyboard shorts properly synced. For some, it's a complete shutdown. Various and sundry odd issues, like the export problems you're having.

So I would highly recommend continuing with 15.4 until your installation of 22.x works as it should. For everyone, really.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me, PrPro 22.x is working very spiffy other than it was a bit of a pain to get the preferences including keyboard shorts properly synced. For some, it's a complete shutdown. Various and sundry odd issues, like the export problems you're having.

@R Neil Haugen Funny you mentioned that. This has been the case for me for pretty much every major yearly release ever since I started using Premiere Pro with CC 2015. Hell I probably mentioned the same thing last year. I genuinely can't wait for the day that Premiere gets a proper settings manager and re-imagined settings sync. At this point, I just manually backup the settings directories to my CC files and then move them around as necessary.

I think the issues stem from the fact that Premiere will fetch settings and preferences from the LOCAL settings directory, of which the issue is, if you've ever synced settings to CC before, that's not the directory your settings have been updated to (it goes to the CC directory after your first sync). It gets messy when you try to sort it all out too, and it's a VERY old system that hasn't changed at least since I started using Premiere.

Other than that though, I too have been having good results with 22.x. Ever since Adobe switched to the "constant trickle" of updates w/ betas for each release, it's been a smoother operation to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines