Workflow advice with corrupted files-- sequences cannot be imported into new project files

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Here's my situation:

I am editing a feature documentary and have lots of project files.

Suddenly, I noticed that I can neither copy and paste clips between different project files, nor can I import whole sequences into new project files when using my main editing drive. Premiere crashes, and at times runs up my memory to 100+gb. 

I copied and pasted one project file on this buggy main drive onto my backup, shut down the main drive, and everything seemed to open and work on the backup.  I could now copy and paste between different project files. 

The only issue is that this backup has not been updated for a little while, so there are some missing clips and assets on the timeline.  

Should I update the backup, even though the main drive that has the newer assets is showing signs of corruption?

Any workflow advice will most definitely be appreciated.

Thanks beforehand. 

Mac Pro '19

16 core, 48 gb ram, radeon w5500 8gb 

1 tb storage

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Javid5FD8,

Really sorry for the frustration. When you have memory spiking up like that, it may be a sign of a corrupt project.

Have you checked your Auto Save folder for a newer version? Have you checked your Creative Cloud > Adobe > Premiere Pro folder for a potential backup? It's also possible to use the backup as a conduit to your previous project. Can you access it from the Media Browser? Let us know. I hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines