• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow/set-up question for making subclips with two camera interviews

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m about to start editing a documentary on Premiere Pro, and while I’ve used it before, I’m trying to be more organized and efficient this time around. This is especially important given my interviews are a little more complex than before, and I could use your advice on how best to proceed.

My plan is to edit in 1080p since only one camera is 4K. Plus that gives me room to crop the 4K footage as needed.

I have 50+ interviews I’m working with, shot with two cameras:

• ‘A’ Camera: Canon EOS C200 4K: 3840 × 2160, 24fps

• ‘B’ Camera: Canon EOS C100 HD: 1920 × 1080, 23.976fps

Obviously, I’d like to use Premiere’s multi-camera syncing system to sync both cameras together — and it would be nice if I could have as much flexibility as possible (i.e later being able to crop or switch camera angles) but I’m not sure if that is possible. Especially when it comes to making subclips from going through all the footage that I'll then be able to edit later.

What would you suggest for a workflow for a situation like this? I’ll be spending a few months going through all these interviews and want to find the best way to make sub clips of all the usable material. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've gotten rather enthralled with the new auto-transcribe feature. And been working perhaps less with multi-cam recently. Because ... I've hated watching through interviews to sort out which subclips or bits to use.The biggest drudge job in editing for my brain. And trying to stack interviews and cut in multicam is just ... not my thing.

So for interview work, I've gone to making every clip a sequence so I can transcribe it all by itself. Pr does this pretty fast and easy.

As then I can print out the text ... with timecode! ... and sort out by reading the printout what I want to use, rather than having to watch. I mark the captions printout where I want to use, then go to the clip and tap in timecode, and ... there's choices

You could cut both ends, select the interview and caption, and drag it to another seqeunce (in "pancake" editing mode) ... or of course, create subclips. Whichever suits your fancy.

It's one way of working.

For color, well ... put one clip of a camera on a timeline. Correct it ... put a clip from the other camera on the same timeline. Neutralize then match to the first clip.

Now copy the Lumetri of the first clip, and with a whole bin of the same camera selected, paste that onto the clips in the bin. Copy the second camera's clip, and paste that on everything. Delete the timeline as you don't need it anymore.

All your clips and subclips anywhere in the project now match.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines